brook > getlinks
Of course, we have the obligatory links page! This is a collection of sites I've been known to enjoy visiting now and again, and perhaps you will as well.
- Some sorta proto-wiki loaded with fascinating nodes. You can get lost in this place finding all sorts of cool knowledge and hype stories.
- Questden (formerly tgchan)
- Super creative imageboard where users suggest actions for characters to take. Loads of wild tales being told in here, but here's all the must-reads.
- December Communications
- A classic web portal with extensive links and HTML info.
- Sixteen Colors
- The web's premier gallery of ANSI art, old and new.
- The Daily Motivator
- Daily words of wisdom to change your life by.
- Digital history only exists for as long as it is deliberately kept around. If it means something to you, spread copies.
- Media Bias/Fact Check
- Indicates how left/right and correct/wrong common news sources are.
- Powerful reverse image search.
- Tropical Weather Outlook
- Check whether the latest hurricane is about to slam into your city.
- Removes the uncertainty from random shortened URLs.
ReocitiesRIP to the OG. Oocities Generally reliable, but slow. Displays the site at 800px alongside ads. Geo.ws Combination webhost and archive that usually has the /username/ sites. Geocities ArchiveNever used this one; don't have anything to say about it. Geocities Gallery Zippy, plays MIDIs, and has most of the /Neighborhood/1234/ sites. Torrent it! Got 650GB to spare? Keep a part of WWW history with you always. 1TB of the KB Age 72 daily screenshots showing how homepages looked when they were updated for the last time.
Gopher and Gemini
Now, these aren't websites, but where the hell else am I gonna talk about 'em. If your web browser is a monolingual loser that doesn't know these protocols, then try using Lagrange or the Plaintext Protocol Proxy.
- Classic internet services kept alive for use on retro systems.
- Caps Wiki and Repair Wiki
- Crowdsourced repair guides for all types of computers and electronics.
- Privacy Guides
- How to use and fight for your right to privacy online.
- Tilde community where users artfully write 512-byte chunks to a diskette.
- Oldschool PC Fonts
- System fonts from classic computers, now available as TTFs.
- Reports from an organization working to document and contain the supernatural.
- Public Domain Super Heroes
- Comic book characters with lapsed copyrights that you could be using right now.
- After Dark CSS
- The classic screensaver suite, recreated entirely in your browser.
- Cyber Threat Map
- A real-time visualization of cyber-attacks.
- Online Teletext Viewer
- A glimpse into the world of Teletext, which is a very fascinating and Aesthetic information service we didn't have here in the States. Read the description of this video for an explanation of how it worked.
- The only megahuge social media site that's actually social and not a bunch of advertising delivery mechanisms in a manufactured-outrage trenchcoat. Chronological posts, superb custom themes, and zero algorithms. Be a lot cooler if it still had porn, but whatever.
- Windows 98 Icon Viewer
- Explore those great historical PC aesthetics.
Teh Edn >:(
Recommended reading/articles are now listed on Bold Type.
Social media suxx. Ditch the feed; make a website!
Now that you're through with my links page, here's some made by other people that I also enjoyed! Have fun out there.