Obligatory About Me Page
brook > about
This page has been split into sections to make it easier to digest. Use the six tabs above to navigate.
- a highly asocial adult human male, homesick for a world that no longer exists.. and perhaps never did at all
- a former Geocities user trained in the Old Ways (HTML4)
- a recovering ex-edgelord who narrowly dodged the anti-SJW mind-poison dart, took a hard left, and is trying to be better
- an owner of gross amounts of un-read/-watched/-played books/shows/games from 1982-2012 (mostly)
- a Computer Whiz who cannot accept that I'm smart, because I just fuck around until understanding how stuff works, which anyone could do, right?
- unable to believe in literal gods, angels, ghosts, demons, psychics, or magic(ks), and usually feels disdain towards those who do
- creativity-wise, a smoldering pile of embers that burned out in 2017
- trying to create the kind of (physical and digital) space that I don't need to take vacations from
Bytemoth shan't tolerate...
I'm likely to not get along with someone in any of the below categories, thusly try to avoid them as much as possible, and would appreciate them avoiding me.
- holders of fractally-wrong worldviews
- anyone who gets 'news' from known questionable sources
- those who make frequent 'jokes' about hating or harming furries
- Only Conscious Human In A World Of Sheep infatuated with (or eager to become) mass shooters/serial killers
- agency-denying puritanical cyberbullies who call things they dislike 'irredeemable media'
With that out of the way, hello™. I am Digital Warlock Bytemoth, harnessing the powers of sourcerors more mighty, that I may craft this pocket dimension of internets to call my own. I seem to be some type of human male, and was unleashed upon western North America during the early days of HE 11991. I am generally a fan of 80's movies and music, 90's games and anime, and 00's web aesthetics.
I've never been officially diagnosed with any mental health disorders so I won't claim to have any, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if I had something. (Or maybe that's how the morning-person hypercapitalists who run society want me to feel.)
Why the name 'Bytemoth'? It represents a particular, peculiar fusion of digital and analog which I've strived- nah j/k, it was what I wanted to call my future indie game studio that I was totally going to create. I instead decided to start using it as a handle around late 2011. It was the shortest thing I thought of that was both hard to spell wrong, and didn't have any coherent results on search engines at the time.
Prior to turning 18, I was an edgelord of the 'racism is over so I'm gonna say the n-word' variety. I'm not proud of that phase, but I won't pretend it didn't happen.
Later on, I believed some version of the just-world hypothesis, and briefly followed the YouTube atheist/skeptic community into its anti-SJW phase. Tumblr users sharing their lived experiences then contradicted the false worldview that had been woven in my mind, until I reexamined it and opted to try being less of a dick.
Thanks to the efforts of various Breadtubers (and the absurdity of the 45 supporters they react to), my stance has shifted from 'vaguely progressive' to 'non-practicing (mentally fatigued) Millenial Socialist™'.
I am completely non-spiritual, and believe that if 'souls' exist, they are a product of the mind, which is within the body, and equally incapable of surviving outside of it or after death.
Depending on whatever force you'd prefer to attribute it to, my religious beliefs fluctuate between pragmatic-agnostic (if god/s exist, it doesn't matter), apatheism (if god/s exist, I don't give a shit), and post-theism (it's all mythology).
Half a decade ago, I would have said that I believe in "a universe that doesn't care, and people who do". These days I hope the second half still rings true.
I am highly introverted and asocial, to the point of being reclusive. Being friends with me directly is Not Easy, because I just straight up don't get lonely, rarely initiate conversations, and suck at keeping them going. But, put me in a group chat setting, and I'll happily chime in with whatever useful knowledge I can contribute on a given topic.
As far as I'm aware, I've never felt that strange emotion called love, so I'm unsure whether I'm a- (lacking attraction), apothi- (hostile toward), or quoi- romantic.
But I am certain that I'm a(n)egosexual, meaning that while I'd never want to do anything with anyone IRL, I do get enjoyment out of Documented Experiences, especially ones involving fictional characters. More detailed specifics are available elsewhere.
I am a drug-free, non-gambling, anti-smoking teetotaler out here rawdogging reality. I used to drink a lot of soda, but decided to cut my sugar intake by switching to flavored mineral water. There are some who would say that I'm addicted to being online, to which I respond that I moved no fewer than 10 times before adulthood. The same WWW was available in spite of address changes and short-term friendships, and you're 'concerned' because Newgrounds feels more like a hometown to me than any physical location could? What did you expect would happen?
- furry-ass idiot
- pastel potted plant that will yell when you least expect it
- Bytemoth is a Large-Breasted Hyena Girl.
- stoner radioactive cat demon
- Bytemoth is a hyperactive Dragon who is 187cm in height. They have short, fluffy white hair and golden eyes. Their bust would fit a B cup. Their first encounter was with a thief who they charmed for goods.
I scored 61.54% for psychic/steel, and the legendary was the first result with that typing.
Assigned to me by DuckDuckGo after a search for 'bytemoth' returned a correction of 'behemoth'.
Chosen by me because Mothmon was too obvious, but this guy can digivolve to that form.
- Sapon, kobold bard made of animated soap.
Popped into my head after I said 'soap-barred' out loud.
- Unmotivated spider that sits in an unfinished web watching people who are too afraid/disturbed to approach.
- I previously believed I was a Mage of Mind, but later inverted to my true alignment, Seer of Void.
- Based on usage of the Ø character, blake-chan and 38caution have informed me that I am a woman of Norwegian descent.
- I genuinely shiver in actual FEAR every time I mutter your unholy name
- bytemoth is bytemoth
- Ribbit Ribbit#0203
- i think sometime in this server someone said bytemoth had 11 braincells
- bytemoth finnagonna make us watch wendys training videos
- "Sometimes I think Bytemoth can read my mind."
- you know it's a good server because bytemoth is in the member list
- bytemoth always comes in hot with the informative messages out of no where lol
- Jack O'Mix
- please think of bytemoth, who is likely observing right now
- Rosek Night
- I wish I was bytemoth cool
- Bytemoth is god, but he lost his powers for some reason and falled on earth
- Bytemoth I'm gonna fucking kill you
- But yeah, Bytemoth is right
- "Shout out to Bytemoth-"*smacks his headset* "Aw fuck."
gonna top you like i'm topping these pizzas
Other/Primary fandoms: '90s Retrocomputing, Digimon, Half-Life, SCP Foundation, System Shock, ZZT
Enjoyed but non-fandomed: '90s/'00s Ni****do games (Kirby, Metroid, Pokémon G1-3, SMB), Apogee Software, boomer shooters, Cave Story, Command & Conquer (1-3), Commander Keen, Epic MegaGames, Homestar Runner, Homestuck, Ib, Iji, Imscared, Knytt series, module/tracker/chiptune music, OFF, Outlanders (1985), PS1 games in general, Sony Trinitron CRTs, Transformers (G1), Undertale/Deltarune, Warcraft (ToD-TBC)
Favorite genres: FPS*, platformer, RTS, (C/J)RPG
*excluding multiplayer-only deathmatch/arena nonsense
Disliked genres: Fighting, racing, simulation, sports, (turn-based) strategy, visual novel
- 1999-2004: AIM
- 2005-2010: Newgrounds/WLM
- 2011-2014: (none)
- 2015-2019: Tumblr
- 2018-202X: Discord/Mastodon
- TP goes over
- Han shot first
- It's pronounced GIF
- 7 was the last good Windows
- The WWW peaked in 2012
- The Simpsons died after season 8 (as 9 on are not covered in A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family)
- Software '''piracy''' is preservation
- autoplaying music always has been and always will be fucking rude
- but most of all, samy is my hero
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.12 G! d+ s:+ a>? C++ UL++++ !P L+ !E W++ N? o? K? w+ O-- M V? PS>+++ PE(--) Y+ PGP t+ 5? X@ R(+) tv-- b+ !DI D++ G- e h-->++ !r y- ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------Digital Warlock Bytemoth is a fucking webmaster!
^ Return to top ^